Learn More About Commercial Products Wall Panels, L & T Walls, Light Pole Bases, Wheel Stops, Curbing, Stair Treads.
Learn About Commercial ProductsWall Panels, L & T Walls, Light Pole Bases, and more.
More Commercial ProductsWall Panels, L & T Walls and more.
CUSTOM MADE FOR YOUR DAIRY
PROVEN TRACK RECORD FOR DURABILITY AND LONGEVITY
EASY TO INSTALL – EASY TO EXPAND – EASY TO RELOCATE
EASY TO MAINTAIN – EASY TO RECONFIGURE
No cracks. No shifting. No excess moisture… just convenient storage you can depend on.
Years of helping scores of different farmers, each with different needs and different storage requirements has given BODE’S a unique understanding of bunker silos. Most problems can be eliminated before the first unit is even set it place.
DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME
FIGURING BUNKER SIZE
- The size of your bunker will depend on the amount of silage you need to store.
- A minimum removal rate of 6″ per day is recommended to keep the feed fresh.
- Feeding 24 pounds of dry matter per cow per day requires 3.2 square feet of bunker area.
- The ideal fill height is level with the side walls.
- Fill should never exceed the side wall height by more than 2 feet.
- Each additional 6 inches adds approximately 4% to the total compacted weight of the silage.
- At 2 feet over the side wall, total weight is increased by 67 tons in a 30′ x 50′ bunker or 470 tons in a 150′ x 70′ bunker.