Precast Concrete L-walls Manufactured by BODE's
11′ L-walls & 12′ T-walls
16′ L-walls & T-walls
Figuring Out Bunker Size
- The size of your bunker will depend on the amount of silage you need to store.
- A minimum removal rate of 6″ per day is recommended to keep the feed fresh.
- Feeding 24 pounds of dry matter per cow per day requires 3.2 square feet of bunker area.
- The ideal fill height is level with the sidewalls.
- Fill should never exceed the sidewall height by more than 2 feet.
- Each additional 6″ adds approximately 4% to the total compacted weight of the silage.
- At 2 feet over the sidewall, total weight is increased by 67 tons in a 30′ x 50′ bunker; 472 tons in a 150′ x 70′ bunker.